if you do it online, i know babies-r-us (& i think target too) has a "get you started registry". (i'm not sure what it is called exactly). that's what i did and then i went through it and changed, added, and deleted what i wanted/needed....
just a suggestion--the actual store can be very overwhelming!! i know i wasn't sure what to get!!! and you'll figure out what works best for you--the only downside is you need the little one before you can make those decisions!!
(the best thing i did invest in was a good breast pump--when i was thinking about what you should get, that was the first thing that came to mind!!)
Don't hesitate to register for small things too. Pacifiers and bottles and fingernail kits and.... All those kinds of things add up quickly and even if your baby ends up liking a differecnt pacifier or bottle than you pick for her, you can always exchange the ones that didn't get opened. Happy Registering!
I would say good burp rags, onesies, and extra sheets for the crib. You never know when the little one is going to explode out of one of the ends. It is better to be safe the trying to wash everything with no backup.
Wow, every baby is so different and what one likes someone else might not. For us it was mostly trial and error - a lot error!!!! I can't think of any great tips, but if I do come up with something, I'll let you know!!!!
A bouncer is a good thing, you can put them in it and set it on the counter while you make meals. When they get bigger and start on solids it works great to feed them in and it is just nice to have some place to set them off of the floor.
How about those little mittens that prevent them from scratching their sweet faces? I guess it depends on the baby if they'll keep them on or not. Amie is right...it's all the little stuff that you realize you need.
I suggest a Boppy. I loved mine. Especially if you plan on breastfeeding. You could use it for bottle feeding, too. My boys were both too heavy for me to nurse without having a pillow in my lap, so the Boppy was a heaven-send when I got it. I like everyone else's suggestions, too.
how was shopping? Yeah, I was writing a post and it tried to post it but I only wanted to save it as a draft.... so it isn't really up. I need to finish it but I'm kinda swamped with stuff and i keep putting everything off. I just thought of more stuff I have to do too.... oh boy.
I found your blog through the Shawcrofts blog (hope you don't mind:) Anyways, I think a necessity for us is the Boppy. It's great for nursing and my girls would just hang out in it when I needed to get something done so it was a real handy thing! Also...a good sling or backpack is always a plus :)
Okay, Shay, of course I have a word or two to say about baby shopping. The suggestions already given are good...but I would be careful to get the best QUALITY products, as opposed to what everyone else has. For example, we bought a "Bundle Me" for the stroller/carseat. Really necessary for winters, but not the best product. We ended up e-baying it and buying the much-higher-quality "Snug-A-Bub", and it has kept our kids warmer and us parents happier.
So, here are my suggestions...take them or leave them:
-Instead of a "BundleMe", buy a "Snug-A-Bub" -Instead of a "Boppy", buy a "Blessed Nest" at www.blessednest.com -Not all receiving blankets are created equally...homemade or AmyCoe is the way to go -You would be suprised, though, how well CHEAP diapers match up to the expensive ones -Any bouncer will do the trick -If you buy a quality and versitile stroller in the beginning, you will avoid further stroller purchases in the future -Personally, I found baby bath tubs a waste of money -Consider a baby carrier. I like my baby Bjorn, but I know a lot better ones have come out in the past year or two. -Someone makes these great booties that have rattles sewn onto the toes. Babies LOVE toes, and will spend a long time trying to get at their rattling toes. -Finally, a really really good stain removed. I prefer ZOUT.
Okay, those are some ideas. Oh...I wish I was there for your baby shower!!! We think about you and pray for you!
14 comments:
diapers
if you do it online, i know babies-r-us (& i think target too) has a "get you started registry". (i'm not sure what it is called exactly). that's what i did and then i went through it and changed, added, and deleted what i wanted/needed....
just a suggestion--the actual store can be very overwhelming!! i know i wasn't sure what to get!!! and you'll figure out what works best for you--the only downside is you need the little one before you can make those decisions!!
(the best thing i did invest in was a good breast pump--when i was thinking about what you should get, that was the first thing that came to mind!!)
Don't hesitate to register for small things too. Pacifiers and bottles and fingernail kits and.... All those kinds of things add up quickly and even if your baby ends up liking a differecnt pacifier or bottle than you pick for her, you can always exchange the ones that didn't get opened. Happy Registering!
I would say good burp rags, onesies, and extra sheets for the crib. You never know when the little one is going to explode out of one of the ends. It is better to be safe the trying to wash everything with no backup.
Wow, every baby is so different and what one likes someone else might not. For us it was mostly trial and error - a lot error!!!! I can't think of any great tips, but if I do come up with something, I'll let you know!!!!
A bouncer is a good thing, you can put them in it and set it on the counter while you make meals. When they get bigger and start on solids it works great to feed them in and it is just nice to have some place to set them off of the floor.
How about those little mittens that prevent them from scratching their sweet faces? I guess it depends on the baby if they'll keep them on or not. Amie is right...it's all the little stuff that you realize you need.
I agree with Amie. Also, don't hesitate to register for the big items-sometimes several people like to pitch in and that will give them some options.
I suggest a Boppy. I loved mine. Especially if you plan on breastfeeding. You could use it for bottle feeding, too. My boys were both too heavy for me to nurse without having a pillow in my lap, so the Boppy was a heaven-send when I got it. I like everyone else's suggestions, too.
You need a fabulous cousin (named Erin) who is always willing to come over and cuddle with the little darling!
how was shopping? Yeah, I was writing a post and it tried to post it but I only wanted to save it as a draft.... so it isn't really up. I need to finish it but I'm kinda swamped with stuff and i keep putting everything off. I just thought of more stuff I have to do too.... oh boy.
I found your blog through the Shawcrofts blog (hope you don't mind:) Anyways, I think a necessity for us is the Boppy. It's great for nursing and my girls would just hang out in it when I needed to get something done so it was a real handy thing! Also...a good sling or backpack is always a plus :)
Okay, Shay, of course I have a word or two to say about baby shopping. The suggestions already given are good...but I would be careful to get the best QUALITY products, as opposed to what everyone else has. For example, we bought a "Bundle Me" for the stroller/carseat. Really necessary for winters, but not the best product. We ended up e-baying it and buying the much-higher-quality "Snug-A-Bub", and it has kept our kids warmer and us parents happier.
So, here are my suggestions...take them or leave them:
-Instead of a "BundleMe", buy a "Snug-A-Bub"
-Instead of a "Boppy", buy a "Blessed Nest" at www.blessednest.com
-Not all receiving blankets are created equally...homemade or AmyCoe is the way to go
-You would be suprised, though, how well CHEAP diapers match up to the expensive ones
-Any bouncer will do the trick
-If you buy a quality and versitile stroller in the beginning, you will avoid further stroller purchases in the future
-Personally, I found baby bath tubs a waste of money
-Consider a baby carrier. I like my baby Bjorn, but I know a lot better ones have come out in the past year or two.
-Someone makes these great booties that have rattles sewn onto the toes. Babies LOVE toes, and will spend a long time trying to get at their rattling toes.
-Finally, a really really good stain removed. I prefer ZOUT.
Okay, those are some ideas. Oh...I wish I was there for your baby shower!!! We think about you and pray for you!
Love,
Rachel
Don't be afraid to register for clothes too, you can never have enough! My favorite clothes for both of my kids were ones given me from my showers!
Post a Comment